I can’t believe my blog has actually been nominated for an award. How cool is that?!! When I first started blogging, I was sure I’d prefer to keep this online journal slightly undercover, but the more traffic I receive, the more I realize that I really enjoy communicating with all of you out there in the blogosphere. Every time someone “likes” a post or leaves me a comment, it inspires me to keep writing, sharing and exchanging ideas. So, without further ado, it’s time for me to perform the steps necessary for accepting this nomination…
Step 1. I would like to formally thank Miss Carmen Fortis, of the blog Jurnalul lui Petit, for nominating Tutus & Stilettos for this award. I could not be more tickled that you thought of me! You absolutely made my night!
Step 2. Share 7 random facts about yourself. Here goes…
- My socks never, ever match. Ever. I will even go digging into the back of the drawer to find non-matching mates. I have no idea why this is.
- I hate coffee, but can drink endless cups of tea every day without ever getting sick of it. (sidenote: I only like unsweetened tea. Yes, I know I’m weird.)
- I know all the words to almost every Disney movie/song and can answer a LOT of Disney trivia questions correctly. I am very proud of this.
- In 5th grade I wanted to wear glasses so badly, I failed my in-school eye exam on purpose. That plan was unceremoniously halted when the eye doctor examined my eyes and found them to be absolutely fine sans spectacles. Sigh.
- I enjoy sewing and embroidery. I love being able to fix tears, reattach buttons and add fun details to my clothes. It’s all about the small things in life, right?
- I love shoes. Absolutely love them.
- I have a cat named Baby. She lives with my parents, but we miss each other when we’re apart. Really, though, we do.
Step 3. Nominate 15 (or so) other bloggers you admire. (and leave them a comment notifying them of the nomination)
- Detail in the Fabric
- The Day Book
- A Piece Of Toast
- To Be Determined
- The Style Verdict
- On The Racks
- The Lipstick Giraffe
- The Beauty Department
- Damsel in Dior
I’m not sure what will come of all this (so many wonderful blogs have been nominated), but I am honored to even be considered! Thank you once more to Carmen Fortis for nominating me, and to all of my readers for keeping me inspired! You’re the best!